Ninfa Purcell will be discussing how to use the County Health Rankings data to develop programming at the county level. On Tuesday, August 19 at 11:00 am CDT via the Creating Healthy Communities CoP.
Check out Purcell’s Bio on eXtension at https://www.extension.org/pages/69143/ninfa-pea-purcell#.U-jiy2PpUYA
Purcell’s title My Health County: Take Action, Change Lives is a one hour presentation that will provide an overview of County Health Rankings and how to use this resource to prioritize county health issues.
The aims of the talk are to:
1) inform attendees on how to use secondary data sources to conduct a county health assessment and
2) explain the social determinants of health impacting their communities.
Specific topics that will be discussed include the following:
· Searching reliable sources of health data to identify issues.
· Using the County Health Rankings and Roadmap resource.
· Prioritizing health needs and identifying solutions.
· Mobilizing your community to address health issues.
If you are interested in taking a look at the County Health Rankings in your state visit http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/ and create a search.
The training helped me focus on community assets and addressing problems.
Learning about County Health Rankings was very valuable because it something I can educate others about this resource, particularly community partners.
I plan to bring information about County Health Rankings to my community partners so that we plan evidence-based program to respond to community needs.
August 19th at 11:00 am CDT go to https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/communities
If you want to check for a PDF of the PowerPoint to be presented go to https://learn.extension.org/events/1655#.U-jgiWPpUYA
All our webinars are recorded and can be viewed at a later date. We also post Mp4 files on our YouTube page several weeks afterward. https://www.youtube.com/user/CreateHealthCoP