About EDEN Community of Practice
The Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) is a collaborative multi-state effort that links Extension professionals from across the country in various disciplines to provide information to citizens before, during and after disasters. EDEN is the premier provider of disaster education resources delivered through the land-grant university system.
The mission of EDEN is to share educational resources to reduce the impact of natural and man-made disasters.
This is carried out through:
- Interdisciplinary and multi-state research and education programs addressing disaster mitigation, preparation, response and recovery
- Linkages with federal, state and local agencies and organizations
- Anticipation of future disaster education needs and actions
- Timely and prompt communications and delivery of information that meets audience needs
- Credible and reliable information