Introduction to Diagnostics for Master Gardener Volunteers: Approaches to Plant Pest Diagnostics is a new online module available for Extension Master Gardeners through eXtension.
About the Module
Sponsored by the North Central Consumer Horticulture working group (a group of extension specialists and master gardener coordinators from the twelve state North Central region), this course is now available for Extension Master Gardeners to take as continuing education for a $10 fee and self-paced, ten week duration. Participants will earn a certificate for 3 hours of continuing education credits when the course is complete (check with your local Extension Master Gardener coordinator to see if this continuing education credit applies in your county or state).
Denise Ellsworth and Sarah Ellis of Ohio State University have assembled this course on behalf of the North Central Consumer Horticulture working group to offer Extension Master Gardeners some guided help to enhance their plant diagnostics skills. The course has several course components:
- Narrated PowerPoint presentations
- Fact sheets
- Certificate worth 3 continuing education credits (upon completion)
How To Enroll:
1)Visit the eXtension website, http://campus.extension.org
2) Set up an eXtension Moodle account:
- “Create an account” link (top, left side of the page) via the secure connection.
- Once you have that account created, you will receive an e-mail with a confirmation and a password. Follow the instructions in the email to complete your account set-up.
- Remember your login and password, so you can access this or other future courses.
3)Login in to the course
- After you create an account, log into eXtension Moodle ( http://campus.extension.org/ ) . Find the log in entry at the top, left side of page, where you first created the account.
- Scroll through the available course categories and select Master Gardener (under Yard and Garden).
- Select the course: Introduction to Diagnostics for Master Gardener Volunteers (Teachers: Denise Ellsworth, Sarah Ellis)
4)Pay for the course using PayPal (Course fee is $10.00)
Note: You do not need a PayPal account to pay by credit card (see comments section for more information)
5)View the course and get started
Want to spread the word about this module? See the module flyer:
Introduction to Diagnostics for Master Gardener Volunteers: Approaches to Plant Pest Diagnostics